The Ksyrium Pro uses the same technology as the Ksyrium Pro SL, which has set new standards for modern wheel building. This wheel is equally at ease on fast rolling terrain or mountain courses, and for a couple of hours or an all-day adventure. Complete with Yksion Pro tyres and Mavic tubes.
- Size: 700c
- Material: Maxtal Aluminium
- Hole Count: Front: 18, Rear: 20
- Axle: QR
- Bearings: Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Weight (without tyre): Pair: 1475g, Front: 630g, Rear: 845g
- Max Weight Supported (including bike): 120kg
- FTS-L (Force Transfer System Light): Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminium hub body.
- QRM+ (Qualité de Roulements Mavic +): Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and topped with a micro-adjustability system.
- MAXTAL: Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- UB CONTROL (Usiné Brut Control): The braking surfaces are precisely CNC machined.
- SUP (Soudé Usiné Process): After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- FORE: Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, and then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- ISOPULSE: The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non-drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- ISM 4D (Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions): An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag.
- ZICRAL A specific aluminium alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.